Wednesday, February 25, 2009

what makes nausea worth it

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've started several in my head, but they didn't make it to my fingers. I'll post those later, but here are some details about today.

Today was my third round of chemo, of 6 scheduled treatments. Halfway! For the most part it felt very routine - draw blood, see the doctor, nurse sticks the iv in the port and I sit there for 5 or 6 hours, and now I am home and feeling weird. ("weird" is what I write when I don't want to go into details about how I feel because it feels like complaining. Is it helpful to know more details, or is 'weird" enough for you? Just wondering...)

Anyway, I got some really good news from the doctor today. I got to see the CT scan they took in the ER a week and a half ago next to the original scan, and the tumor has definitely shrunk! In the "before" picture, the tumor almost totally obscured my heart from the top view, and most of my heart is almost completely visible in the most recent scan. This is especially good because it only reflects the effects of the 1st round of treatment and a little of the 2nd!

Because I had the unscheduled CT in the ER, the doctor has pushed the next scan to after the 4th round. So in effect I will have scans after the 2nd, 4th and 6th rounds.

That's the main news from today. I'll write more later this week with other tidbits about how we are doing. Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. We feel overwhelmingly loved by you and held close by God.

-Adam

5 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! Congrats on getting halfway through chemo and shrinking that crappy tumor. That news made my week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea God! Adam & Casey, that is the best news we've heard in a very long time! We know exactly what you mean by feeling wierd and trust us it will pass. Of course when you are still acting wierd after a couple of months it may be a different thing. Sometimes I still act and feel wierd.

    We love you all so much and thanks for the update. We constantly lift all 4 of you up and know God has you in his hand.

    Love, Gary & Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shrinkage is good! - Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, for one who loves all that EMT/trauma stuff, weird doesn't suffice but i can bug you for details later. :) SO glad the tumor is shrinking. i hope that encouragement strengthens you and gives you hope while you feel rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news! You and your sweet family are in our prayers. Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete